01 Oct Chaga Brownie
- 150ml VitaliTea
- 170g dark chocolate I used a mixture of 85% and 90%
- 30g white chocolate (I used @Lindtuk as their chocolate is yummy and so easy to break into pieces too!).
- 175g unsalted butter
- 130g light brown plain flour
- 300g golden granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- a drop or two of vanilla essence (optional)
Preheat the oven to 180 C and line a 33 x 23 x 5-cm baking tray with greaseproof paper.
Melt the chocolate and butter over a double boiler until smooth.
Remove from heat and whisk in the sugar until well incorporated and add the vanilla essence.
Add the flour and stir until well incorporated. Finally whisk in the eggs until thick and smooth.
Pour the quite runny mixture in the prepared baking tray and bake for about 40 – 45 minutes. (Timings will vary depending on what oven you use. To see if cooked through properly stick a cake pin in the middle of the cake and leave in for 5 seconds. When you take it out and it’s clean, your brownie is ready. If it comes out with cake mixture on it then it is definitely not done and needs a bit more time).
Let them cool before cutting into squares.